Hire Unit Quality Inspector
Our client is a leading force in the hire of portable buildings based in Bristol. On their behalf we are seeking to recruit a Hire Unit Quality Inspector.
If successful, you will be responsible for inspecting all units and their additional products that are going on hire so that the quality of the buildings they supply to customers are up to the quality standard and customer requirement and to inspect units with their additional products at off-hire for damages, ensuring defects are documented. You'll also be required to assist in the preparation of a range of cabins prior to them going out on hire within the depot effectively.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
• Inspection of units and their additional products against company standards and customer requirements before they go on hire.
• Ensure defects are corrected and documented prior to dispatch.
• Providing feedback in a constructive manner, educating depot staff on “what good looks like” and explaining how any defects that arise don’t meet the quality standard.
• Some working and inspecting at height.
• Continuously improving the quality of our products in line with client expectations.
• Continuously improving Quality Standard Documentation in accordance with customer requirements.
• Identify frequently recurring problems, undertake root cause analysis and work with the production team to understand how these causes can be prevented in future.
• Off-hire inspection of units for damages, ensuring defects are documented. • Quality assessing units that are stored in the yard against a set of pre-defined criteria.
• Assembling and loading furniture into the cabins and removing on completion of hire. • Supporting depot staff in getting units ready, which includes cleaning, and could include basic fitting activities subject to skill set. • Supporting materials and logistics staff, which includes operating a power-pallet truck, replenishing materials in/out of materials storeroom.
• Good general physical fitness.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Flexible attitude to working
• Positive attitude towards improving all aspects of the products and processes
• Interpersonal skills • Able to deal with confrontation • Able to provide feedback in a constructive manner • Able to communicate and educate colleagues effectively
• Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
• Good mix of general maintenance skills
• CSCS Card holder would be an advantage
• Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
• Willingness to work outside at times.
• Previous relevant experience in quality inspection
• Relevant IT and administrative skills
• Knowledge of modular/portable accommodation products preferred but not essential
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will leave a message and send a text message. It will be your responsibility to return our call.