Global Account Manager
Our client employs approximately 4800 colleagues and operate from 27 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of their organisation.
Our client is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer they encourage all their people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which they operate.
In Newport, South Wales they specialise in low volume, high mix electronics. Their team of 230 employees is part of the Global Manufacturing Solutions division and delivers end to end through life tailored business solutions to world leading manufacturing partners.
The Global Account Manager is the primary interface with the customer and is responsible for managing all aspects of the assigned customer accounts relating to pricing and customer service. The Global Account Manger is also responsible for identifying prospective opportunities within current customers.
• Be the primary focal point for the customer in terms of strategic issues, customer relationships, problem and conflict resolution and escalation. Be knowledgeable, involved and responsible in every aspect of the customer/ client relationship. Support the effort to attract new opportunities as assigned.
• Regularly report to the executive management team on customer and account status, opportunities, problems, issues and outlook.
• Demonstrate clear leadership of entire team in maximizing the opportunity of the account and customer in both the short and long term.
• Take charge of and lead team in addressing problems, opportunities and other “hot spots” in a quick, decisive and effective manner.
• Consistently communicate schedule, milestones and progress to appropriate levels and to the customer, in conjunction with the account Programme Manager, as may be assigned to specific programs
• Overall financial responsibility for profitability of each product sold
• Limit our client's liability by managing and negotiating contractual limitations.
• Conduct regular customer/client meetings including, but not limited to Monthly meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews and Strategic Business Reviews
• Coordinate and facilitates the management of internal teams assigned specifically to customer account.
• Identify and nurture further business expansion opportunities within the customer, including the coordination of Business Development Managers, as may be assigned to specific customer accounts
• Routinely travel to customer’s global sites as needed to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
• Routinely travel to our client's global manufacturing sites to coordinate and collaborate with site level resources.
• Prepare annual business plans for each account that is managed, including Budgets, Forecast and Risk Mitigation plans as may be required
• Directing focused customer growth based on the requirements of the Divisional Leadership Team
• Establish standard methodologies for project and program management, in conjunction with existing IMS Procedures
• Focal point for ensuring customer complaints are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
• Maintain an in depth knowledge of the EMS industry to support our client's growth and diversification and to ensure that we are benchmark in meeting customer expectations.
• Responsible for resolving open customer supplier financial issues including past due payments, material and labour variances, and obsolete and excess material.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and have good judgement. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A pleasant professional image is expected at all times. Candidate will be expected to exhibit high ethical standards and promote the same within the company.
Education/Experience/Credentials: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field, with a thorough knowledge of customer applications. Five plus years direct selling experience in electronic manufacturing or an equivalent field.
Language Ability: Excellent communication both written and verbal. Ability to read and analyse periodicals, business reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, Team Members and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. The Individual must possess strong skills in grammar and proofreading.
Maths Ability:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to collect data, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to maintain a professional and positive image in any situation using good judgement.
Computer Skills: Ability to use office software, including Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Slide Presentations, Internet browsers, E-mail, and business systems software.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee may be required to work from a home office, and sufficient provisions must be made by employee to accommodate his/her working environment. Home office must be sufficient to properly represent a professional work environment without unnecessary distractions. Employee must be able to self supervise and make appropriate time commitments to the company.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, finger dexterity, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Travel Requirements: Sufficient travel will be required to support job functions.
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will leave a message and send a text message. It will be your responsibility to return our call.