Our client is a global provider of engineered electronics. They collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer they encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
At their Newport site, they specialise in low volume, high mix electronics. Their team of 230 employees is part of the Global Manufacturing Solutions division and delivers end to end through life tailored business solutions to world leading manufacturing partners.
Working within the Quality team and CFT and reporting into the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that their products are fit for purpose and meet set standards as required. The successful candidate would be required to interface with the Manufacturing teams to improve Quality PPM (Parts Per Million) and customer satisfaction Through OTTP (On time to Promise).
* Review customer performance monthly to ensure PPM and OTTP are met
* Drive scrap and rework reduction, own improvement projects and drive cross functionally to ensure actions are closed to improve overall performance of COPQ
* Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to production of new products are in accordance with approved data
* Support the Auditors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
* Analyze failure, corrective and preventive actions to respond to customer complaints
* Preparation of QA reports
* Responsible for statistical data collection and analysis
* Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns
* Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system such as lean, 6S etc.
* Visit customers or suppliers as required to assist in quality related issues and provide support and solutions
* Support Production and Engineering in quality-related issues & hold them to account for closure of audit and improvement actions
* Abide by the safety requirement of the site, but more importantly be an advocate for safety raising issues and ensuring the safety of colleagues
* Ensure compliance with company codes of conduct
* Ensure companywide compliance with ESD and MSD requirements
* Produce FAIRs against customer drawings and NPI’s
* Support customer as quality point of contact within a customer focused team
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Good understanding of GMS products
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent IT skills within Excel, Word & company specific systems
• Solid numerical and process analytical skills
• Influencing and change management skills
• Good experience of range of quality tools
• Internal auditing experience
• HNC/HND or equivalent
• Experience of ISO:9001:2015
• Experience of 8D, 5Y, Fishbone and general lean tools.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Six Sigma
• Auditor training to ISO:9001, 14001, 18001
• Ability to read general assembly drawings is desirable
• Experience of IPC610 and JSTD-001is desirable
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will leave a message and send a text message. It will be your responsibility to return our call.