Our client is an established international manufacturing organisation operating in the engineered electronics sector.
Based at Newport, south Wales, in this role you'll need to collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities.
In this 12 month fixed-term role, the Programme Manager within our client's Global Manufacturing Solutions division is the primary interface with our customers having responsibility for managing all commercial aspects of the assigned customer accounts including customer satisfaction, business growth and profitability.
The right candidate would be considered to be offered a permanent role within the business once the contract is completed.
• Commercial point of contact for the customers in your portfolio.
• Ensure regular and effective communication with customers including:
o open order book status
o travel to customer sites as needed to accomplish duties and responsibilities
o quarterly business reviews with customers to review KPI’s
o face-to-face meeting or conference calls with customers supported by the issue and maintenance of a joint action plan (subject to customer requirement)
• Provide leadership, focus and direction to the Customer Focus Team (CFT) to effectively manage the full customer portfolio, providing excellent customer service and the delivery of quality products to the customer on time at an agreed profitable price.
• Manage all aspects of the customer sales order book including sales plan/forecast generation to ensure the meeting of sales targets and customers KPI’s.
• Overall financial responsibility for the profitability for the customer portfolio, including:
gross margin, material liability, account specific costs, cost reduction opportunities, invoice/ payment recovery and recovery of Non-Recurring Expenses from the customer.
• Manage the formal contract review process: Review new business or new product introduced with business support to understand the flow-down requirement from the customer on all aspects of the business, purchase order requirements and any supporting documentation and/or specifications.
• Responsibility for growth and development of House Accounts and working with the Account Manager and Business Development manager on the development of others
• Take charge in addressing problems, opportunities and other “hot spots” in a quick, decisive and effective manner.
Core Qualifications and Desirable Behaviours
• Graduate level in a relevant business/commercial subject
• Successful track record working in a customer management role in an electronic manufacturing services environment
• Excellent customer service ethic driven to fully deliver commitments on time
• Able to quickly understand requirements and lead teams to deliver
• Good communicator able to develop and build relationships with key stakeholders
• and customers
• Quick and keen learner
• High energy with capability of multitasking and setting priorities
• Strong IT skills
• Attention to detail in a fast pace environment
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will leave a message and send a text message. It will be your responsibility to return our call.