Product Development Manager
Clear Sky Recruitment are pleased to have been engaged to recruit a Product Development Manager to work with our client based in Blackwood.
Key Responsibilities: (Essential)
• Lead patent application process for the designs deemed suitable and beneficial for the company to protect its innovation & IP.
• Responsible for managing Group patents liaising with patent attorneys, working with other sites and head office colleagues.
• Lead new process innovation, development, and validation.
• To investigate funding opportunities and identify partners / customers as a part of the program towards design & process innovation.
• Working with BD team and ED exploring new opportunities
• knowledge of advanced manufacturing methods.
• Assist ED in coordinating projects, making detailed planning and executing strategies to accomplish customer requirements and deadlines.
• To analyze and solve engineering problems working with engineering team.
• Monitors progress against project schedules and departmental budgets, CER’s and recommend ED on allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals.
• Supervising the work of multiple disciplines (medium team).
• Working with prototype and test colleagues, monthly reporting of departmental key metrics.
• Follow-up on permanent corrective action plans to resolve any outstanding issues related to quality, prototype, equipment, tooling, customers, and production controls.
• Drive continuous improvement of processes, quality and cost to maintain profitability and competitiveness.
Key Requirements: (Desirable)
• Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar field).
• FEA knowledge is desirable.
• Good knowledge of fluid mechanics and CFD would be advantageous.
• Good practical skills and a desire to work in a hands-on environment.
• Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety.
• Strong technical & analytical knowledge with “thinking outside of the box” mind set.
• Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
• Proven experience of managing an engineering team; would be advantageous to have a strong understanding of the land vehicle market for Passenger Car businesses, Truck & Off-Highway sector, Yellow Goods etc.
• Experience of working within product development.
• Previous experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment and with the leadership team to align sales strategies, capability, and solutions to fully exploit customer requirements.
• A good leader with strong “soft skills”, an understanding of people behavior and the self-awareness to react appropriately.
• Valid UK Driving license & Passport - Willing and able to travel globally and at times, at short notice.
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will leave a message and send a text message. It will be your responsibility to return our call.
If you haven't yet downloaded our app, go into the Apple Store / Google Play Store and search Clear Sky Recruitment.