Role Warehouse Operative
Department Supply Chain
Salary £20,580 pa + Pension + Profit Related Company Bonus
Hours Days / Nights / Afternoons, commencing Monday’s
0600hrs to 1400hrs (Days)
2200hrs to 0600hrs (Nights)
1400hrs to 2200hrs (Afternoons)
1 x stock-take weekend, currently once per month
Holidays 29 days plus 3 Christmas bank holidays
(1 extra day after 5 years service)
- Reporting to the Logistics Manager.
- Undertake raw materials receipt Nutritional and Pharmaceutical and control in line with current SOP’s.
- Complete Supplier Check Sheets consistently and accurately.
- To ensure incoming raw materials are sampled in a timely fashion, in line with current SOP’s.
- Assist with the order picking and dispatch of finished goods.
- Assuring materials are available for production in accordance to the production schedule.
- Contributing to the warehouse ‘clean and tidy’ programme.
- To utilise the NAVision IT system to ensure efficient locating/storing of incoming raw materials.
- To maximise the availability of space within the warehouse, all the time ensuring Health & Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Liaise with Quality Control regards the passing of materials.
- Advising your immediate supervisor of any shortfalls in material.
- Assist with the various environmental projects/tasks that are ongoing.
- The ability to be time flexible and accept overtime/additional hours at short notice, is appreciated.
Qualifications / Previous Experience / General Attributes
- An exceptional record of timekeeping and attendance is vital.
- Counterbalance Fork Truck license holder essential, Pivot steer an advantage.
- Previous experience of shift working within a warehouse environment ideal.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy.
- An ability to accept a method of working that rewards an honest and open approach.
- A good team player with the ability to co-operate and show consideration.
- Able to undertake work which is essentially physical in nature, in all weathers.
- A basic understanding of PC’s would be beneficial. (Training will be provided).
- Confident in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work under own initiative, self managing and self motivating, especially outside of office hours.
- Confident in using computerised stock control systems.
- Willing to accept responsibility which will include project work.
- Comfortable using the telephone / photocopier / PC / Scanners etc.
- To accept change with understanding and commitment.