An opportunity has arisen for a Tooling Engineer to work for a well-established manufacturer in the Caerphilly area.
This position is responsible for selection of suppliers for prototypes and production parts to support future business growth
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Lessons learned from projects are to be continually updated in to our tooling standards
- Development of new global tooling suppliers to support the regional plants
- Introduction of new tools to the CVS manufacturing locations
- Introduction of new tooling into supply base
- Support of Global CVS Tooling
- Develop suppliers/tool makers local to global plants.
- Assist purchasing with technical aspect of plastic part purchasing/sourcing.
- Control project tooling cost, timing, and quality, and be able to co-ordinate teams to achieve this.
- To communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Conduct all work within standard Health & safety guidelines.
- To attend and support new project meetings and purchasing.
- Support the creation of a global ‘should tool cost document
The successful candidate will:
- Textron Compliance Program
- Vocational- technical higher education (level 4 and 5, HNC, HND)
- Injection Moulding & Tooling
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of Injection tool management/purchasing.
- Purchase and management of tooling on international basis
- Understanding of Polymers & their structures
- Understanding of Injection conditioning & Optimisation
- Tooling knowledge
- Understanding of the Inputs and Outputs to the Injection Mould process
- Quality Functions – PPAP
- Six Sigma
£30,000 – £40,000 pa