Due to growth and expansion, our client, who is based near Cwmbran, is looking for a Quality Engineer to work with them on a permanent basis.
Duties of the role will include:
- The requirement for written reports and providing analysis of customer and internal concerns.
- To support calibration activity of all equipment.
- To develop and support the systems and co-ordinate the activities required for approvals, audits and any relevant regulatory requirements of external bodies.
- To conduct root cause analysis, SPC and other appropriate quality tools and techniques to ensure that the manufacturing processes meet customer requirements.
- Change control and the attention to detail within this area is of paramount importance.
- Produce monthly KPI reports.
- Involvement in team activities such as design, product and process interactions.
- A minimum of 5 years quality related experience
- Knowledge and experience of managing the ISO 9001 requirements or ISO/TS16949, including the writing and improving of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience of conducting internal audits, preferably within an automotive environment.
- Knowledge of key quality techniques – i.e. APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans etc
- You must be organised and disciplined with the ability to work efficiently under pressure, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position will report directly to the Production Manager.