IT Support Technician
We are currently recruiting for an IT Support Technician to provide the majority of first and some second line support to end users. You will be required to work in Blackwood however you will be required to travel to our clients other locations.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Providing timely first line support to users based within the company, both in person and over the telephone using remote control solutions.
- Act as the point of contact for support call ticket logging using the company’s helpdesk IT system.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the IT systems in use
- Develop an excellent understanding of the business processes and procedures used within the group and how the IT systems apply to these processes
- Develop the required skills and knowledge to provide an increasing level of Second line support.
- Undertake basic server administrative functions
- Administer existing documentation and where necessary create appropriate documentation for IT systems.
- A proven ability to provide excellent timely first line IT support on a wide variety of systems
- Proven Experience of the following systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 – 10
- Microsoft Office
- Desktop Hardware Support
- Basic Understanding of Networking
- Experience of providing IT support within a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Experience with the following systems would be an advantage
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft CRM
- A “can-do” attitude to ensure delivery of the highest service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines, multitask and prioritize.
- Detail-orientated, with a high level of attention to avoid errors.
- Fast-paced, astute and proactive.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure.
- Self-motivated and energised.
- A desire to take ownership of issues and see them through to completion.
Hours of work: