In our on-going efforts to help support our chosen charity of 2017, The Noah’s Ark Charity, one of our Director’s, Jessica Nichols and our Caerphilly Branch Manager, Emily Graham visited the Children’s Wards at Cardiff Heath Hospital to provide new toys and books for the children and to take a look at the department in which Noah’s Ark so passionately supports.
At the Noah’s Ark Charity they believe that the play specialist team offer an invaluable service to children and their families at the hospital and are proud to support and part-fund the work they do.
The hospital play specialist team use a variety of therapeutic tools to help children overcome any fears or concerns about their treatments and work hard to help patients and their families cope with the following:
- To prepare children for hospital procedures
- To help children cope with anxieties and feelings
- To organise play and art activities at children’s bedsides or in the playroom
- To contribute to clinical assessments based on observations during play routines
- To encourage peer group friendships to develop
- To help organise special events and parties for both patients and visitors
The Noah’s Ark Charity has campaigned, fundraised and delivered. As a result of 15 years hard work and partnership with the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, children in Wales now have their very own Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital for Wales – a specialist children’s hospital serving our nation. Clear Sky Recruitment has pledged to raise at least £2,000 this year for the Noah’s Ark Tiny Lives Appeal.